What are the Benefits?
As Urban Dog’s regular readers know, from time-to-time, we receive products for Bodhi to try. Recently we got some honey from a company called K9 Honey. I have to confess I was a little surprised to get honey. It’s not something I would have ever thought of as something to feed to dogs. I checked with the American Kennel Club and they say it’s perfectly fine to feed honey to dogs. You can read their recommendations here.
The folks at K9 Honey list the following as the reasons why you should consider their product:
- Health benefits of raw honey for a human are the same health benefits for your dog (Here is some info from the Healthline website)
- K9 Honey has an innovative blend of nine pollens from nine different regions from across the country to fight allergies
- Calms your dog’s digestive system
- Natural energy boosts, perfect older dogs
- Decreases symptoms of kennel cough
- Improves their immune system
- Reduce sensitivities to environmental allergens
But most of all dogs LOVE K9 Honey. They absolutely love it. We’ve been giving Bodhi a small amount at midday as a treat, and he totally digs it! Just take a look at the pictures below! He absolutely couldn’t get enough of it!
It also takes him awhile to lick it all out of his bowl, so it gets him out of my hair at necessary times!
To read more, click here to go to the K9 Honey website.